Heat pumps are a great solution for your Atlanta HVAC system. That’s because they work to provide both heating and cooling. Whether it’s the hottest day of the summer, or the coldest day of winter, heat pumps work day in and day out to provide your family with premium comfort.
By definition, a heat pump is a machine which moves heat. Heat exists in all air at all temperatures down to “absolute zero” (-460F). In the winter, a heat pump draws heat from the outdoor air and circulates it through ducts into your home. During the summer, your Atlanta heat pump reverses the process and draws heat from your interior air and releases it outdoors. It also dehumidifies the indoor air as it cools it.
Benefits of a Heat Pump System
- Because A Heat Pump Does Not Burn Fuel, It Is Safer And Cleaner To Run Than A Gas Or Oil Powered Furnace
- A Heat Pump Provides A More Uniform Temperature Throughout A Building. It Does Not Produce A Sudden Blast Of Hot Air As Traditional Furnaces Do Each Time They Kick On.
- In The Heat Mode, Heat Pumps Do Not Dry Out The Air The Way Traditional Heaters Do. The Higher Humidity Maintained By Heat Pumps During Cold Weather Provides For A Healthier Environment.
- Heat Pumps Are More Efficient And Cost Less To Run Than Electric Furnaces.
- Because Heat Pumps Are Used Year Round (For Cooling As Well As Heating Needs), They Cost Less Per Hour Of Use (Cost Of Purchase And Installation Divided By Total Number Of Hours Used Per Year) Than Do Individual Heating And Cooling Systems, Which Each Sit Idle For A Good Part Of The Year.
Carrier – The Infinity™ Heat Pump
Further proof that Carrier really is the best you can buy. Carrier is very proud to announce that the Infinity™ heat pump by Carrier has been awarded the Consumers Digest “Best Buy” designation.